GIS Ambassador Program
GIS users in industry and higher education who are keen on supporting the use of GIS in K-12 are strongly encouraged to become GIS Ambassadors. By becoming a GIS Ambassador, you and your organization can engage Canadian youth and help them to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them.
What is a GIS Ambassador?
A GIS Ambassador can be any GIS user already working in industry or in higher education who recognizes the significance of geography and spatial thinking in K-12 education. A GIS Ambassador can support a K-12 teacher or school by:
- hosting a GIS Day event or participating in a school’s GIS Day event
- presenting to a class on the use of GIS in their field,
- providing local data for students to use,
- facilitating a hands-on workshop for teachers, or
- working on a community project with students.